Monday, July 14, 2008

Classics Piano Festival

Another adventurous weekend again~~ Wohoo!!! Hahaha....this time just Chern Lin and Me (Coz someone FFK lo) Had an unforgetful nite wif Chern Lin~~ (Wei, dun think somethg gay huh!! @_@) Talk-talk-talk, Chat-chat-chat~~THat is what we did on Saturday nite! Oh ya, not forgeting our supper cooked by ownself....Ahahaha~So cacat and edible man! My roomate, Adele, and her friends were there when we ate our meal. "This is Mee Goreng ar?" "U purposely cooked untill like that is it?" Yea...that's my cooking skills~ Too lil water for my Maggi Mee edy...Both of us slept at 4++am and i was so reluctant to wake up untill Chern Lin asked me to...*Pai Seh*

We took KTM to Sentul station, which is the last station. Ya Allah....the place is so nice lo!!! I tell u ar, *U tell me la* Dun see the KTM station la...There were trees along the way, breeze wind were accompanying us all the way and the landscape were unique and nice too. Alah...i duno how to describe la, u'll know it when u'r there. It is at the Sentl Park, where beautiful lake and artistic thigs are well-blend together. Ok, overall KLPac is really situated in a high class, quiet and nice place!


Nice kan?

So, we attended two performances. The first one is the Young Composer Workshop, which starts from 11am-1pm, where 5 finalist's composition presented by some really talented and good-looking musicians! OMG...when i saw these musicians, they reminded me of my childhood dream~I wished that i would marry a musician.....Heheheh~Syok sendiri. There i saw one 20 years old guy,Vincent, playing flute. OMG~~ He is shinning man when he is performing!!!! He is so geng and good lo i tell u!!! Although he is not the world most charming guy, yet he is the champ when he is performing. Hahaha...that's my weak point. I would fall for someone who is good in any instrument. Hey, they really SHINE that time, OK!!! Tell u how geng he is...he is the one who sekaligus presented ALL 5 finalist's compositions for the final competition!!! It is not easy to do that,OK? Try imagine....if he ter-wrong played, he will influence the result. All 5 compositions are contemporary music and they sound very unique and hard to play. Once again i wana emphasize, he played all 5 musics!!! Wow~~

While waiting for the result, there were some performances which really captured my heart and soul and i cant and will never forget it! Before everything start, i told Chern Lin something about harpsichord that i never seen with my true eyes before and~~ never ever seen a harpsichordist which is a GUY. Than before the competition started, i saw them bringing in the instrument. *Ta Dang~~* There is a harpsichord!!! Waliao...so semangat lo me that time! Later during the performance, a GUY went and played the harpsichord and it is so chun lo~ My oh my, God really fullfill my wish this time man! I tell u, if the harpsichodist wear more formal and chomb his hair, i will IMMEDIATELY propose him! Hahahhaha~~
The second performance is a concert which sinfonietta concert and an extra performance by the winner of the Classics Piano Festival. Ya Allah..i tell u! The winner is a guy and his pieces were accompanied by the quartet, which comprise 2 violins, 1 viola and 1 cello. When he starts his music, all the lights are off and only a dim, soft yet glowing light shinning on them. My oh my....this will be my weeding ceremony and if i'm rich someday, i want them to perform in my house everyday~~Hmm...maybe my description is not that good. U should see it for urself~~ That 45 minutes of performance really took my breath away~!!! OK, stop dreaming!!!

The sinfonietta was also a really good one. The conducter is so charming for someone~~ When he is conducting, he is full of expression and u can feel the climate of the music from his non-verbal cues. Heheheh~ What i like most in this sinfonietta is when they are playing with Dennis Lee, the elderly yet cute pianist. Dennis is so cute lo~~He kept saying Thankyou with his mouth widely opened and u cant even see his teeth! Ahahhaha....Wei, of coz ppl got teeth la~Juz that he can control to show or not showing his teeth when saying "Thankyou" only.

Hmm...what we dreamt, thought, imagined and said all came true that day~!!! Best rite?
These are what they do when performing the contemporary music which uses contemporary tecniques~~


The pianist is plucking the string inside the piano

Oboist hitting the..."thing" to make some sound

1 comment:

Samantha Chow said...

whoa u serious piano fan... hahaha